Monday, September 23, 2013

I hope I am spending my money well ....on wellness

So I hope I have not fallen for something I shouldn't have- something that costs thousands of dollars. It's called a "wellness program". Geared for the post-menopausal woman- seems we all suffer the same symptoms- and this guy can fix us. Did I say, he can fix us for "thousands of dollars"? The first day I had second thoughts, yes, the money.....but also because I had to do four saliva spits at exact times to submit by UPS to some lab somewhere. They were spits to test my cortisol and other hormone levels, including testosterone (which makes sense because the first foul a.m. spit is what they test what I imagine to be foul-smelling testosterone on) and whew....spitting at 6 a.m.....no coffee, in fact, no caffeine the whole day! I waited for that horrifying headache, but guess what? I never had a headache. I think because I drank CRAZY WATER all day, I was fine. It takes at least 45 minutes to spit into a vial and fill it up. But I did get to watch "Breaking Bad" while I was spitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment